- Our challenge opens today and anyone can participate! Just link a photo of your project (on your blog or gallery), using the Linky Tool, at the end of today's post. (If posting from your blog, please only insert the URL of the specific challenge post, not just your blog title)
- The challenge ends on Thursday, January 29 at midnight (EST).
- A random winner will be selected from all of our participants and announced before our next challenge (beginning on Thursday, February 5. You may enter multiple projects, however, your name will only be entered into the drawing once.
- Each month we will have a sponsor and the sponsor will award the prizes.
- You must use at least one Wendy Vecchi product in your project.
This month's sponsor is...eclectic Paperie! eP will be awarding a product prize of the Ornate Dots Overlay stencil, Ornate Dots Background Stamp, and the Floral Frame Stamp It, Stencil It!
....This month's challenge is to use EMBOSSING PASTE on your project....
Now on with Wendy's project!!
Wendy is demonstrating a new technique with today's project...FAUX GILDED art parts! This project shows how to alter one of Wendy's stencil binders.
To start, lay the NEW spotlight frame mask (the solid piece) on the cover & use your finger to spread a very thin layer of gold embossing paste over most of the showing cover…but leave the art parts edges unpasted.
Allow paste to dry…
With the mask in place, add Potting Soil to the cover, using a blending tool…the edges will be darker & more vintage.
With the mask still in place, use the NEW small filigree stamp with watering can & stamp randomly over the cover.
Apply silver embossing paste thru the NEW Alphabets Stencil (I'm giddy over this one!!) in 3 random areas.
With the stencil in place, (the stencil has the opening) ...it’s easy to ink just the center & add some stenciling (NEW Vintage Quilt stencil) to only the center.
Spread a thin layer of silver paste on the craft sheet…tap the Polka Dot stamp into the paste & add random stamped embossing paste dots. CLEAN the paste from the stamp before it dries!
Here's a closer look...sooo pretty!! (Can't wait to see those new products!!)
PS - This photo is showing the NEW Mat Minis Flower Pot & Magic Mat die cut embossed flowers!! (These products will be available at eclectic Paperie and other online retailers soon...)
For a tiny bit more inspiration...here's my project for this month's challenge. Yeah...so much fun!! Details on my blog. Scroll down for the Linky Tool...simply click and add the URL to your project!! ENJOY!!